CNC Lathe Setup
Principal Job Functions:
Candidates must be capable of setting up and operating CNC Lathes and performing bar feed setup and changeover to new materials. Set up will be responsible for producing 1st article, verify in-process inspection dimensions and alert operators of critical dimensions. Set up will be expected to communicate to operators and to assist in correcting related issues for the operators.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in multi- Axis Lathe
- Knowledge of speed and feed
- Able to edit Lathe programs
- Follow AS9100 Guidelines
- Work with Manufacturing Supervisor to download, upload, and delete programs from CNC machines.
- Must set up the machine for the operator and ensure operator understands the operation.
- Ensure the CNC program runs correctly.
- Produce first article parts and obtain approval from the Quality Assurance/Quality Control department.
- Fix problems for operator if related to setup of the machine.
- Verify the in-process inspection dimensions and explain to the operator. An alert operator to critical dimensions
- Record name, setup, and run times on the router, and discuss deviations with Lathe-Manufacturing Manager.
- Perform bar feed setup.
- Perform changeover to new material.
- Keep tools, instruments, and work area clean and organized at all times.
- Operate in accordance with AS9100 documentation; maintain the accuracy of such documentation and submit changes when needed.
- Perform other duties when required.