CNC Mill Setup
Principal Job Functions:
Candidates must be capable of setting up and operating CNC Mills. Responsible for producing 1st article, verify in-process inspection dimensions and alert operators of critical dimensions. Communicate to operators and assist in correcting related issues for the operators.
- Knowledge of basic programming, master cam 2017, and shop trigonometry.
- Able to work from programs to set up tooling.
- Able to interpret blueprint specifications and work in a production environment.
- Skilled in setting up 5 Axis vertical and 4 axis horizontal machines.
- Experience in processing aluminum, stainless steel, titanium, and steel.
- Experience with machinists’ hand tools and related inspection equipment.
- Must be able to withstand bending, standing, and lifting. Must possess good thinking, organizational, and interpersonal skills. English is required.
- Experience in mill setup required. (5 yrs.)
- Work together with programmer to obtain 1st Article;
- Set up machine for operator and ensure operator understands the operation;
- Produce first article and obtain approval from Quality Assurance;
- Ensure the program runs correctly for maximum productivity;
- Fix problems for operator if related to setup of machine;
- Verify the in-process inspection dimensions and explain to the operator. Alert operator to critical dimensions;
- Record name, setup, and run times on router and discuss deviations with Mill Manager;
- Perform changeover to new material;
- Keep tools, instruments, and work area clean and organized;
- Operate in accordance with AS9100 documentation; maintain accuracy of such documentation and submit changes when needed;
- Download, upload, and delete programs from machines; per procedures;
- Perform other duties when required