Principal Job Functions: Work closely with Lathe Setup and Manufacturing Manager to maintain smooth operation of two lathe machines. Perform in-process inspection and ensure the production of good parts.
Requirements: Must be able to withstand bending, standing, and lifting. Must possess good technical skills. English is preferred but not required. Must be able to work in a production environment and interpret blueprint specifications; possess experience working with aluminum, stainless steel, titanium, and steel; and be experienced in working with basic gages, machinists’ hand tools, and inspection equipment. Experience as an operator is preferred but not required.
- Efficiently operate two lathe machines;
- Perform in-process inspection process and consider any special instructions;
- Check parts with gages as much as possible;
- Alert Lathe SU or Manufacturing Manager to any process problems;
- Ensure material matches the router specifications;
- Check coolant level at machine before and after shift;
- Fill machine coolant when low;
- Check oil levels at beginning of shift; fill if low;
- Use antifoam to keep coolant from foaming;
- Record name, date, and number of parts produced on router;
- Keep the machines and work area clean and free of any hazards;
- Straighten the work area ten minutes before the end of the shift;
- Alert the Lathe SU or Manufacturing Manager when finished with an order;
- Identify any possible improvements; and
- Perform other duties when required.