Principal Job Functions: Supervises, establishes, and coordinates the production schedules in milling operations. Ensures the flow of materials and parts between or within the departments. Develops programs for milling operations; works with QA to develop in-process inspection dimensions. Coordinates, trains, and measures area employees. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Requirements: Must possess good technical, computer, organizational, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills. Must be able to work from blueprints, written and verbal instructions, and with limited supervision. Must be willing and able to be a team player. English is required. Must have a minimum of five years of experience operating in a manufacturing environment with CNC milling machines. Ability to program milling machines is required.
- Develop production processes and schedules, track progress, and keep others informed of production;
- Work with marketing, customers, engineering, and quality assurance to ensure production of quality parts; solve problems, effectively meet customer needs, ensures quality, on-time delivery and meets or surpasses both the customer’s and Senga’s standards;
- Operate in accordance with AS9100 documentation; maintain accuracy of such documentation and submit changes when needed;
- Recruit, manage, and conduct performance appraisals of area personnel. Develop and implement employee training plans, including the provision of on-site programs;
- Work to continuously improve manufacturing processes;
- Work with estimating team to review and approve customer quotes;
- Develop programs for milling machines and work with manufacturing personnel, facilities, or quality to perform any needed modifications;
- Schedule jobs through the shop in a timely manner and assign jobs to machines, operators, and setup personnel;
- Oversee setup and operations of milling, broach, deburr and other secondary operations;
- Ensure that necessary documentation exists and is being completed by area employees;
- Develop and verify manufacturing setup and operation time standards;
- Ensure cleanliness, safety of the shop floor, and enforces company safety policies among members of the department;
- Responsible for a projects completion from start to finish;
- Participate in capital decisions; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.