Job Description: Introduction to Manufacturing - This individual performs various operations functions in different departments and will gain hands on experience in the manufacturing field.
|Requirements:||Excellent coordination skills required. Able to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to withstand bending, standing, and lifting. Must be able to operate a forklift. Must possess basic math skills. English is required. Must possess basic computer skills. Regular attendance is an essential function of this job position.|
|Job Duties:||• Operate a band saw to cut raw material.|
• Organize, transport, and stock raw material.
• Assist production managers/engineers wherever possible.
(Assembly, Deburring, Machine Tending, etc.)
• Refill coolant barrels for the machine operators and assist in daily equipment coolant change.
• Assist in preventive maintenance activities for the shop floor.
• Perform preventative maintenance on machinery (Saturday's only).
• Understand how to start compressor and make sure other equipment related to air system is turned on and running correctly.
• Operate forklift and record on the forklift operator daily report.
• Is responsible for cleanliness of shop floor.
• Keep shop floor clean from debris, immediately clean spills, and fix leaks.
• Clean and stock all restrooms.
• Empty trash on the shop floor.
• Assist in organization and disposal of scrap/recyclable materials.
• Perform various manufacturing tasks across shop floor.
• Perform other tasks as required.