PRINCIPAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Responsible for reviewing part measurement data, scrap rates, and determine process improvements for production and quality assurance departments. Also, responsible for creating Process Control Plans, quality operating procedures and work instructions that adhere to the company’s quality management system. Help acquire and implement new inspection technologies and train Senga staff in their application and use. Writing programs for advance inspection machines (CMM, Optical RAM, Vision System, etc.). Utilize statistical process control techniques and six-sigma analysis to verify a part manufacturing process is stable to ensure part conformity.
Use all types of inspection tools and equipment, including precision measuring instruments, CMM, vision systems, surface plate and accessory equipment, comparators, etc. Have a solid knowledge of required drawing specifications, assembly and fabrication procedures, shop practices, company products and assembly inspection procedures.
Must possess knowledge of shop mathematics, including trigonometry and statistics and be able to work from drawings, specifications, shop routers, or other company/customer-related documentation. Should have a solid background in CNC Machining (Mill/Lathe), Additive Manufacturing (3D printing) and General Machine shop practice.
Must have advanced GD&T knowledge. Knowledge of AS9100/ISO 9001 standard is preferred. Working knowledge statistical process control (SPC) and knowledge of CMM/PC-DMIS programming is strongly desired. Must have good computer skills, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Email (Gmail, Outlook, etc.) is required. Must have excellent analytical, computer and engineering technical skills with demonstrated application and training. Must have good analysis, critical thinking, problem-solving skills, and attention to detail.
Must have good vision and hearing. Must have great interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to withstand bending, standing, and lifting. Must be able to work to verbal and written instructions. Exposure to shop elements such as noise, dust, etc. is inherent to working in the production areas. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. unassisted.
Demonstrated proficiency in English is required.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering is required.
- Ensuring production and quality assurance team is following the company’s quality management system.
- Writing process documentation for manufacturing and process flow improvement
- Identifying and sourcing new advanced Technology identification and acquisitions to improve the quality management system, cycle time, and part quality.
- Training staff for operation of new equipment and documentation of the training material
- Time studies of production orders to improve equipment utilization and job costing/reporting.
- CMM programming (Hexagon's PC-DMIS)
- Keyence Systems programming (Optical RAM)
- Statistical Process Control implementation and Data collection/presentation
- Create six-sigma reports to determine production process control is stable or unstable. Report those findings to relevant staff members.
- Perform First Article inspection, in-process inspection, and final inspection to verify part conformity.
- Communicating directly with customers about part quality requirements.
- Perform and write Internal Audits reports.
- Corrective/Preventative Actions & Follow-Up
- Calibration System Maintenance
- Supplier Evaluations/Monitoring
- Ability to handle stress.
- Other duties as assigned.