Senior Quality Assurance First Article Inspector
To identify product and process deficiencies and related corrective actions. Develop processes by which to prevent the production of defects. Train employees in methods by which to prevent defects.
Must be able to work with all materials and products. Use all types of inspection tools and equipment, including precision measuring instruments, templates, surface plate and accessory equipment, comparators, etc. Have a solid knowledge of required specifications, assembly and fabrication procedures and processes, shop practices, and company products and assembly inspection procedures.
Lead Inspector position with (4) years of machined product inspection experience, including at least one year Machine shop formal schooling, one year formal training in Inspection. This staff level person have demonstrable skills using common measuring hand tools; micrometers, dial and digital calipers, height gages, surface plate set up, dial type test indicators, thread measurement (3 wire method) optical comparators, surface finish measurement, math skills which include geometry, trigonometry, and Algebra . Must be able to accurately interperet blueprints using Geometric Tolerancing. Operation of coordinate measuring machines desirable.Must demonstrate good microsoft Offic computer skills; Word, Excel, Powerpoint, CAD training (Solidworks) desirable.Additionally, this position will require formal training for CMM machine operation and programming through Level III, Smartscope training. Gage Tracker software, & Statistical Process Control methodology.
- Must possess knowledge of shop mathematics and be able to work from drawings, specifications, shop routers, or other company or customer-related documentation.
- Must have good vision. English is required.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years work experience as an inspector in a manufacturing environment.
- Work with the QA Manager to ensure that the organization’s quality assurance system is effective, efficient, and using the latest technology and processes;
- Stay current with new technologies and philosophies;
- Develop and maintain contacts with professionals in the field and with related professional organizations;
- Participate in the selection and justification of new capital;
- Conduct incoming inspection and report any existing discrepancies;
- Conduct roving in-process inspection of parts and provide any needed corrective action;
- Evaluate effectiveness of in-process inspection form.
- Perform first article inspections;
- Conduct final inspection to verify conformance of parts.
- Perform audits of outside suppliers;
- Serve as the organization’s back-up representative when being audited by outside organizations;
- Maintain proper performance of tools and equipment;
- Work with employees and managers to prevent defects;
- Respond to any quality questions on the part of employees or managers;
- Conduct and interpret statistical process control when needed;
- Serve on continuous improvement teams or as an internal auditor;
- Maintain inspection records and be ready to explain the status of parts or processes;
- Operate in accordance with AS9100 documentation; maintain accuracy of such documentation and submit changes when needed;
- Maintain calibration as required;
- Train, supervise and conduct performance evaluations of inspectors;
- Recommend capital expenditures and improvements; and
- Perform other duties when needed.