CNC Lathe Operator
Principal Job Functions:
Work closely with Lathe Setup and Manufacturing Manager to maintain smooth operation of two lathe machines. Perform in-process inspection and ensure the production of good parts.
Must be able to withstand bending, standing, and lifting. Must possess good technical skills. English is preferred but not required. Must be able to work in a production environment and interpret blueprint specifications; possess experience working with aluminum, stainless steel, titanium, and steel; and be experienced in working with basic gages, machinists’ hand tools, and inspection equipment. Experience as an operator is preferred but not required.
- Efficiently operate two lathe machines;
- Perform in-process inspection process and consider any special instructions;
- Check parts with gages as much as possible;
- Alert Lathe SU or Manufacturing Manager to any process problems;
- Ensure material matches the router specifications;
- Check coolant level at machine before and after shift;
- Fill machine coolant when low;
- Check oil levels at beginning of shift; fill if low;
- Use antifoam to keep coolant from foaming;
- Record name, date, and number of parts produced on router;
- Keep the machines and work area clean and free of any hazards;
- Straighten the work area ten minutes before the end of the shift;
- Alert the Lathe SU or Manufacturing Manager when finished with an order;
- Identify any possible improvements; and
- Perform other duties when required.